Translate

November 13, 2011

My Air Castle by Juan F. Salazar





My life's tomorrow beckons me
From distant mountains, high and low;
My future seems a boundless sea,
Where moving passions come and go.

Deep in my heart ambitions dwells;
He cheers me up the highland,
And guides me through the hills and dells
Wherein I pass the busy day.

I cannot write with Shakespeare's pen,
But I can love with Shakespeare's heart;
I love his skill his craft of men,
His mastery of poet's art.

I do not care for fame, has he,
Enthroned, was like unto a god:
The depths he reached are dark to me.
But I will grope the ways he tried.

I wear achievement’s coronet,
For best are they who see things done!
And all my cares I soon forget
When I have wrought my work alone.

If I be met by adverse fate,
And all my dreams be but in vain;
Then, must I work the harder yet
With high resolve to try again.

12 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this, it really helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could we draw this ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...how can we make action to this...
    Hahhaha it's cool it's very famous in school..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really loved the poem, it's a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem Air Castles was wrtten by a Filipino poet named Juan F. Salazar and was published in 1909. We learned it by heart in high school during the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just would like to tell you that you're absolutely amazing. Keep up and may God bless us.

    ReplyDelete