Translate

December 2, 2011

The Sea by Kahlil Gibran


In the still of the night
As man slumbers behind the folds,
the forest proclaims:
    "I am the power
    Brought by the sun from
    The heart of the earth."
The sea remains quiet, saying to itself,
    "I am the power."
The rock says,
    "The ages erected me as a monument
    Until the Judgment Day."
The sea remains silent saying to itself,
    "I am the monument."
The wind howls
    "I am strong,
    I separate the heavens from the earth."
The sea remains quiet, saying to itself,
    "The wind is mine."
The river says
    "I am the pure water
    That quenches the thirst of the earth."
The sea remains silent saying to itself,
    "The river is mine."
The summit says,
    "I stand high like a star
    In the center of the sky."
The sea remains quiet saying to itself,
    "The summit is mine."
The brain says,
    "I am a ruler;
    The world is in those who rule."'
The sea remains slumbering saying, in its sleep,
    "All is mine."

About Khalil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment